Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 - Ring Door Bell Compatibility?

Grinch777
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 - Ring Door Bell Compatibility?

When I first purchased and installed the Orbi RBR50 and sattelite a year ago I had a problem connecting the Ring Doorbell 2nd gen.

I was informed at the time that for some reason (never discovered why?) it was not compatable due to it being solely 2.4mhz.

When Ring introduced the 2.4 & 5.00mhz 3rd generation doorbell I upgraded and to my annoyance although I find that although the 3rd gen the door bell now reconises the Orbi network it will still not connect, unlike the 2nd gen bell which did not even reconise it.

I have to use my network providers router wifi to connect the doorbell.

Has anyone had a similar experience or an answer?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 - Ring Door Bell Compatibility?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Best-Performance-for-Ring-Devices-Orbi-Config-Settings/m-p/176...

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 - Ring Door Bell Compatibility?

@Grinch777 wrote:

When Ring introduced the 2.4 & 5.00mhz 3rd generation doorbell I upgraded and to my annoyance although I find that although the 3rd gen the door bell now reconises the Orbi network it will still not connect,

Can you explain a little more about "recognises the Orbi network" and "not connect"?

• The doorbell setup procedure does not complete?
  • The doorbell does not appear in the Orbi "Attached Devices" display?
  • "Live View" does not work?

What country are you in?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7