Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 Router Firmware Version V2.7.2.102

FURRYe38
Guru

I also manually updated from v16 to v60 using manual download FW files and manually updated to v60. After the RBS and RBR were at v60, the RBR found v102 as being available. I used the RBR to manually update both RBS and RBR using the Update ALL button on the RBRs FW updated page. Smiley Wink Mine was not auto updated. 

Message 26 of 132
tagteam
Virtuoso

@vajim wrote:

"Mine was not auto updated."
User beware.....Smiley Sad 

Well, I am still not certain what constitutes an "auto update" but I can state unequivocally that I have never had any issues when new firmware has appeared in the Firmware Update section under the Advanced tab in the web UI.

I have had browser crashes and unresponsiveness with the web UI after downloading and manually installing new firmware but, ultimately, the update was completed successfully.

I have to state that when new firmware appears in the update section and I select Update All, the new firmware install completes MUCH more quickly than when it is downloaded and installed manually.

Message 27 of 132
GMoGoody8
Luminary

First time on getting an email from Netgear telling me there is an update with critical security updates.

I had previously updated though.
Message 28 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

I nornally manually download files and manually update to the RBS first then RBR lastly. Haven't seen any problems with this method whatsoever. I wanted to try the Update All to see what everyone was raving about. This menthod seems to work so far. I might revert back to v60 then let the Orbi sit and see if NG automagically pushes v102 to see what happens. Smiley Surprised

@tagteam wrote:

Well, I am still not certain what constitutes an "auto update" but I can state unequivocally that I have never had any issues when new firmware has appeared in the Firmware Update section under the Advanced tab in the web UI.

I have had browser crashes and unresponsiveness with the web UI after downloading and manually installing new firmware but, ultimately, the update was completed successfully.

I have to state that when new firmware appears in the update section and I select Update All, the new firmware install completes MUCH more quickly than when it is downloaded and installed manually.

Message 29 of 132
alokeprasad
Mentor

I'm curious if/when NG will push or detect the newer versions for those of us who have 2.5.2.4.

Maybe they are beta-testing it on the selected few first Smiley Happy

But seriously, I am concerned that the security fixes are getting addresses in 2.6.X and 2.7.X and not getting rolled out to the larger user base.  It should at least detect and give us a choice, if NG is confident about the stability of the newer versions.

Message 30 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

For users on the v2.5 or v2.6 line will not detect any v2.7. v2.7 versions are for USA regional users. 

Message 31 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 32 of 132
alokeprasad
Mentor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

For users on the v2.5 or v2.6 line will not detect any v2.7. v2.7 versions are for USA regional users. 

I'm in USA. 

I purchased my RBK50v2 from Amazon in December. It came w 2.5.2.4. It hasn't autodetected any 2.6 or 2.7 from the web (or iOS app) interface for the RBR50 or RBS50.

Wondering when (or if) NG will show those as available to folks like me.

When they think it is ready for wider distribution?

I know I can update manually.. but most of the users depend on the "normal" update process.

Message 33 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

Something NG only knows about. 

Message 34 of 132
alokeprasad
Mentor

I'll give it another week or 2 and then go to the latest version manually.  I can always downgrade to my current version if needed.  Not getting security fixes spooks me.

Hopefully, NG will make 2.7.2.102 available for download.

So far, I don't see many complaints about the 2.7.2.102.

Message 35 of 132
vajim
Master

I stay spooked and my system continues to haunt the firmware advocates in here 

Message 36 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya haven't seen anyone post any feed back about v102. I won't be able to fully test mine out for a bit longer. Working on something else currently. Smiley Wink

@alokeprasad wrote:

I'll give it another week or 2 and then go to the latest version manually.  I can always downgrade to my current version if needed.  Not getting security fixes spooks me.

Hopefully, NG will make 2.7.2.102 available for download.

So far, I don't see many complaints about the 2.7.2.102.

Message 37 of 132
vajim
Master

Test?

so you do work for Netgear 

Message 38 of 132
alokeprasad
Mentor

Aren't we all testing these things all the time?

Message 39 of 132
vajim
Master

@alokeprasad wrote:

Aren't we all testing these things all the time?

I'm not.

Gave that up years ago.  IMHO the 'average' user here should not be considered a test bed for any firmware advancement.

Message 40 of 132
aaronka
Guide

I'm not noticing any performance issues but my admin web page for the router shows my RBS50 satellite as "disconnected", which I know it isn't.  In my iOS Orbi app it shows it connected and functioning.  Also on the Firmware Update page of the web interface it keeps trying to update the RBS50 but fails.

Message 41 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW is on the RBS Currently? 

@aaronka wrote:

I'm not noticing any performance issues but my admin web page for the router shows my RBS50 satellite as "disconnected", which I know it isn't.  In my iOS Orbi app it shows it connected and functioning.  Also on the Firmware Update page of the web interface it keeps trying to update the RBS50 but fails.

Message 42 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

Speed test results with v102 loaded on a RBK50 System in AP mode. RBS ethernet connected behind two LAN switches.

Wired to RBR:

v102RBR50APmode2ERX2CM1200.png

Iphone 12 Max connected to RBS:

v10212maxRBS50wired.PNG

Message 43 of 132
alokeprasad
Mentor

Where/how did you get the ver 2.7.2.102?

Are these results different than with previous versions?

Message 44 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

Manually applied V2.7.1.60 then found v102 available to update to on the RBR and RBS. 

About the same. I'll be trying router mode as well. 

@alokeprasad wrote:

Where/how did you get the ver 2.7.2.102?

Are these results different than with previous versions?

Message 45 of 132
aaronka
Guide

RBS50 is running V2.7.1.60 same as what the RBR50 was on before the forced firmware update to V2.7.2.10

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What version of FW is on the RBS Currently? 

@aaronka wrote:

Message 46 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

I found that v102 was offered for both RBR and RBS on the RBRs FW upate check web page. How I updated mine. Update All. 

Message 47 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

RBK50 online in router mode with v102 loaded behind a CM1200 cable modem:

v102RouterModeSpeedTestWired.png

RBS50 ethernet connected behind 3 NG GS series non managed switches. Small ARP storm seen when RBS was syncing then it stopped. Network is stable and working. 

Message 48 of 132
FURRYe38
Guru

For users with a 50 series and a RBS20, be sure to upate the RBS20s FW. Mine connected via ethernet but the radios were disabled, so I updated the RBS FW since it was a few behind. Up and running now:

RBS20EthernetConnected.png

Message 49 of 132
vajim
Master

Smiley Sad

Message 50 of 132
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7