Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Satellite loses internet connection when using wireless backhaul

sgualandri
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 Satellite loses internet connection when using wireless backhaul

I've been running a Netgear Orbi RBR50 with 2 RBS50 Satellites for well over a year.  This morning we had no internet connection.  After rebooting the devices, the network still did not work as it did before.  I then disconnected the ethernet connection on the RBS50 satellite that was using wireless backhaul and rebooted the devices again.  This worked.  After I was sure that things were working okay.  I plugged the ethernet cable into the satellite for wireless backhaul and went away for about 1hr or more.  When I came back, the entire orbi mesh did not have a wireless connection.  I repeated the process (wireless backhaul, reboot, etc) and the network came back.  I decided to do a complete factory reset on all 3 devices.  The end result was the same.  If the satellite used wired backhaul, none of the network worked.  If the satellite used wireless backhaul, things worked.  I am stumped.

All devies are running firmware: V2.2.1.210

"Enable Daisy-Chain Topology" is not checked / off

I have tested the ethernet cord used for backhaul and it is fine.  Any suggestions other then giving up on wired backhaul?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 Satellite loses internet connection when using wireless backhaul

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually. Hoping NG support can have a look at this. So try this out as well.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

For wired back haul:
Set up IP address reservations for each satellite and devices on the router as you add them to the router. The satellites need to be set up via wireless first. Then connect 1 satellite at a time to the ethernet LAN cable. Wait 5 minutes and the top led on the satellite should turn on BLUE. Set up an IP address reservation for the 1st satellite. Continue to do the same thing for the 2nd satellite. Then follow up with your devices.

Message 2 of 6
sgualandri
Tutor

I need to correct my title.

My issue is with a WIRED connection. When connected WIRELESSLY it works.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Review the suggestions posted....

Message 4 of 6
sgualandri
Tutor

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru