Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Satellitte compatability.

darrenp99
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 Satellitte compatability.

I have an Orbi RBR50 currently setup with 2 x RBS50 satellite, I am looking to add an additonal satellite but i'm having trouble getting hold of another RBS50.

Does anyone know if any of the other models are compatible, maybe the RBS50 v2 ?

Any info would be much appricated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
darrenp99
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBR50 Satellitte compatability.

Thanks for all you suggestions, I found an old WN3000 extender, i now connnect that , configured as an AP & works greta for what I need.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@darrenp99 wrote:

I have an Orbi RBR50 currently setup with 2 x RBS50 satellite, I am looking to add an additonal satellite but i'm having trouble getting hold of another RBS50.

Does anyone know if any of the other models are compatible, maybe the RBS50 v2 ?

Thanks

New RBS50 satellites are available on Netgear's website https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs50.aspx.

There are also many used ones available on many sites. You can choose an pretty much an AC line of Orbi. But the RBS is more powerful than most of the other AC systems. 

Currently Netgear has the RBS40V tri-band satellite for $99.00. That is a great price. And the fact that it is a great sounding speaker with Alexa, is a plus. 

Message 2 of 9
darrenp99
Tutor

I'm in the UK

@Mstrbig wrote:

@darrenp99 wrote:

Thanks

New RBS50 satellites are available on Netgear's website https://www.netgear.com/orbi/rbs50.aspx.

There are also many used ones available on many sites. You can choose an pretty much an AC line of Orbi. But the RBS is more powerful than most of the other AC systems. 

Currently Netgear has the RBS40V tri-band satellite for $99.00. That is a great price. And the fact that it is a great sounding speaker with Alexa, is a plus. 

Message 3 of 9
Mstrbig
Master

@darrenp99 wrote:

I'm in the UK

OK, I would search various websites there for new and used compatible Orbi AC#### satellites. 

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

RBS20, RBW30, RBS40, RBS50v2 and RBS50Y are also compatible. 

@darrenp99 wrote:

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
darrenp99
Tutor

The scenario I am trying to setup is to get a good Wifi signal in my garage as I have a Cycling smart trainer & need to connect to the internet for apps such as Zwift etc. I have had an office attached at the back of the garage so have ethernet  Cat-c cables running from house to garage. So was lookking to daisy chain off of my Orbi RBR50. Hence why i was after another RBS50 or like.

I would appear that all RBS devices appear to be out of stock in the UK at the moment, I see that the AC extenders have an ethernet port but can't confirm if that is only for connecting onward devices or could it be used to connect to my Orbi router & thus extend that way?

Any ideas

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

NGs EX7700 and 8000 line of extenders work with Orbi. They also have LAN Ports in back. 

Message 7 of 9
darrenp99
Tutor

Thanks for all you suggestions, I found an old WN3000 extender, i now connnect that , configured as an AP & works greta for what I need.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7