Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50- Unable to access newly loaded webpages or internet-related application without reloading

jimbari
Follower

Orbi RBR50- Unable to access newly loaded webpages or internet-related application without reloading

Sometimes, when I attempt to access a webpage, I get an error, and I have to reload the site in order to actually see the content on it. Moreover, this issue also occurs with all types of programs that are "internet-related". For example, whenever I attempt to join a call on Discord, I am stuck waiting for RTC to connect for a solid 5+ seconds. It seems like whenever something is "initiated" via internet, I must reload it to "initiate" for the second time in order for it to load. This issue persists on many different devices and many different applications, and I am unsure what is causing it. With the router I used previously, I did not have to deal with this issue. Although this issues does not occur 100% of the time in every situation, it happens frequently enough to be considered a significant inconvenience. I appreciate any help that is provided.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50- Unable to access newly loaded webpages or internet-related application without reloa

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using? Try a different browser to compare? 

Happens on all devices? 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@jimbari wrote:
Sometimes, when I attempt to access a webpage, I get an error, and I have to reload the site in order to actually see the content on it. Moreover, this issue also occurs with all types of programs that are "internet-related". For example, whenever I attempt to join a call on Discord, I am stuck waiting for RTC to connect for a solid 5+ seconds. It seems like whenever something is "initiated" via internet, I must reload it to "initiate" for the second time in order for it to load. This issue persists on many different devices and many different applications, and I am unsure what is causing it. With the router I used previously, I did not have to deal with this issue. Although this issues does not occur 100% of the time in every situation, it happens frequently enough to be considered a significant inconvenience. I appreciate any help that is provided.

Message 2 of 5
RavenQuill
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50- Unable to access newly loaded webpages or internet-related application without reloa

I have had this issue since purchasing the the Orbi in November 2020.  I haven't been able to isolate any variables of when it happens.  I'm assuming on a related note, smart devices often have to try again to connect upon waking - my TV was always immediately on the network with previous routers, but now takes 10-20 seconds to reconnect to the network when waking.

I primarily use Chrome for browsing, though in a quick test had it occur once or twice in the current build of Edge.

Orbi firmware: 3.2.16.6 (there is an update available to 3.2.16.22, but failed previously, rendered the router non-functional and I had to roll back)

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have a Orbi AX system? If so, 

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@RavenQuill wrote:

I have had this issue since purchasing the the Orbi in November 2020.  I haven't been able to isolate any variables of when it happens.  I'm assuming on a related note, smart devices often have to try again to connect upon waking - my TV was always immediately on the network with previous routers, but now takes 10-20 seconds to reconnect to the network when waking.

I primarily use Chrome for browsing, though in a quick test had it occur once or twice in the current build of Edge.

Orbi firmware: 3.2.16.6 (there is an update available to 3.2.16.22, but failed previously, rendered the router non-functional and I had to roll back)

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@jimbari wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7