Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Vigor 130 and Sky UK

Hasselblad100
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 Vigor 130 and Sky UK

Hi

I'm having issues with stability of my Sky Hub throughput so have decided to try and go with a 3rd party modem (Vigor 130) and the RBR50 in Router mode in order to dump the Sky Hub altogether

The Vigor connects up to the DSL and it can see 55mbs up and 20 down, which is what is provided from the cabinet - looks good.

However, when I log into the Orbi and access the Internet Settings. I choose Login Required, PPPoE, let the Orbi automatically fill addresses in the other boxes. The Sky VDSL service requires some generic credentials so I can't log in without those.

Is there possibly an issue with the DCCP 61 support on the router, because the settings don't have Option 60/61 settings unless you say that a login is not required, which for Sky it is.

Any suggestions gratefully received 🙂

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 Vigor 130 and Sky UK

Let the modem handle the PPPOE connection. All you need to do is to connect the Orbi RBR to the modem. 
Review the modems user manual on how to set it up and connect a router to the modem. 

Message 2 of 4
Hasselblad100
Aspirant

Sky UK uses MER/DHCP 61 for VDSL2 authentication. Does the Vigor 130 do that?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7