Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Voice Stopped Working After Update

digitalgypsea
Follower

Orbi RBR50 Voice Stopped Working After Update

My Orbi recently did an update and my Satelltie staion (ORB103) with voice (Alexa) no longer allows voice commands ot plays music (audio by Harman/Kardon).  All I get is a message that says can nt connect to Alex, try again later and this has happended no less than 20 times.  There is no Amazon/Alexa setting anywhere in the app, just the setting to connect to Amazon and it fails (see below for detailed desctiption), but no where to check or verfy Amazon/Alexa credentials.  Of course, my warranty is out of date, even though they sent me an update that broke my perfectly working mesh system.  Any ideas out there in Netgear land?

Go to Orbi app, select voice controls, after 10 seconds or so an error pops up "Orbi, Something went wrong. Try again later"  and thats it, over and over and over again!!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 Voice Stopped Working After Update

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back on been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7