Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 WIFI unavailable

MTS99
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 WIFI unavailable

My orbi 50 recently lost connection to the internet.  I tried to connect via the orbi app and it was not able to find the router.  Tried rebooting with the same result.  Tried to reconfigure but could not connect because the ORBI wifi did not show up as an available network.  Tried to reset the router to factory configuration and still not able to see the Orbi wifi.   Is it just dead or is there something elso to try?

Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

what type of modem?

Firmware on Orbi?

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Is the power light on the orbi on? What is it doing? color/blinking/solid

When you reboot the router, does the light on the top do anything? if so what? color/blinking/solid

I know this sounds stupid but many thing that if you just quickly hit the reset, it works. Did you hold the reset button, while powered on, for 7-10 seconds or until the lights change?

Have you tried hard wiring into the orbi and attempting to log into it?

Message 3 of 5
MTS99
Aspirant

The power light is on and the ring light is pulsing white.  The satellite units are pulsing red.  When I reboot the unit goes to the pulsating white light. The first thing I tried was to just reboot,  and then I reset the unit to factory settings.  I haven’t tried hardwiring to the router.  I give it a try.

Message 4 of 5
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@MTS99 wrote:

The power light is on and the ring light is pulsing white.  The satellite units are pulsing red.  When I reboot the unit goes to the pulsating white light. The first thing I tried was to just reboot,  and then I reset the unit to factory settings.  I haven’t tried hardwiring to the router.  I give it a try.

Satellite and router ring LEDs

• Pulsing white. Your Orbi router and satellite are applying a configuration or updating their firmware.
  • OFF. Your Orbi router and satellite are working normally.

Be patient...(?)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7