Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 Wifi Performance & Connection

doniam9
Follower

Orbi RBR50 Wifi Performance & Connection

I have an issue with my router RBR50 connected directly to the cable modem running firmware version 2.3.5.30(Not sure when it updated but I've disabled auto for now, also noticed some users are on a newer firmware but mine says up to date) No config changes in the last 6 months.

The issue stated about a week ago all the devices connected via wireless was only getting between 20-30Mb (couldnt find my dongle to test ethernet). Running the speed test directly from the admin portal I get expected results of 250-300Mb. New issue started yesterday just trying to connect to the internet, all traffic(except google) is being redirected to orbilogin.com and it asking my for my creds(Im using public dns cloudflare & google). If I enter the credentials it takes me to the admin portal for the router even when Im connected to the guest wifi. I took a backup and reset the router to factory defaults. This resolved both issues, restoring the backup appears to restore the issue.

I have rougly 40 devices (smart home) with 20 outdoor wifi lights and 15 ip reservations. I would prefer to not have to reset wifi settings on these devices(attempted to use the same network name but not all devices are connecting). I've had the router for roughly a year without any issues and was considering getting the cable modem but this issue has me dead in the water as far as reliability. I also realize a device on the network could be causing issues but so far it appears to be router related. Any suggestions\ideas (currently online with factory defaults)?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 Wifi Performance & Connection

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Any of your devices have there own wifi broadcast by chance? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

@doniam9 wrote:

I have an issue with my router RBR50 connected directly to the cable modem running firmware version 2.3.5.30(Not sure when it updated but I've disabled auto for now, also noticed some users are on a newer firmware but mine says up to date) No config changes in the last 6 months.

The issue stated about a week ago all the devices connected via wireless was only getting between 20-30Mb (couldnt find my dongle to test ethernet). Running the speed test directly from the admin portal I get expected results of 250-300Mb. New issue started yesterday just trying to connect to the internet, all traffic(except google) is being redirected to orbilogin.com and it asking my for my creds(Im using public dns cloudflare & google). If I enter the credentials it takes me to the admin portal for the router even when Im connected to the guest wifi. I took a backup and reset the router to factory defaults. This resolved both issues, restoring the backup appears to restore the issue.

I have rougly 40 devices (smart home) with 20 outdoor wifi lights and 15 ip reservations. I would prefer to not have to reset wifi settings on these devices(attempted to use the same network name but not all devices are connecting). I've had the router for roughly a year without any issues and was considering getting the cable modem but this issue has me dead in the water as far as reliability. I also realize a device on the network could be causing issues but so far it appears to be router related. Any suggestions\ideas (currently online with factory defaults)?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7