Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 admin password login issues

jteetie
Follower

Orbi RBR50 admin password login issues

I am trying to log into my router to change the channel.  When I log into the app, I am always on channel 48 and channel 48 is always the worst channel on the list of channels available.  I've tried logging into the router, both wirelessly and wired and I can't.  The admin/password combo doesn't work, nor any other password I usually use with admin as the username.  I have the serial #, but the security questions are not possiblly set up by me.  One of them ask for my youngest brothers name, but I do not have any brothers.  Does anyone konw of any way around this?  How can I get into the router to change the channel?  Thanks.  

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 admin password login issues

@jteetie wrote:

I am trying to log into my router to change the channel.  When I log into the app, I am always on channel 48 and channel 48 is always the worst channel on the list of channels available.  I've tried logging into the router, both wirelessly and wired and I can't.  The admin/password combo doesn't work, nor any other password I usually use with admin as the username.  I have the serial #, but the security questions are not possiblly set up by me.  One of them ask for my youngest brothers name, but I do not have any brothers.  Does anyone konw of any way around this?  How can I get into the router to change the channel?  Thanks.  

First, there are only four channel selections.  The highest bandwidth comes from selecting channel 48, which allows the Orbi to combine 36-40-44-48.  Choosing one of the lower channels means giving up bandwidth.

Second, how are you determining that 48 is the "worst"?  Is the Orbi turned on at this time?

What I mean to say is that the conclusion may not be correct.  (or, it may be, but you have few choices)

To answer the specific question, if (a) the Orbi rejects every password you can think of, and (b) the Password Recovery process fails because it presents questions that cannot be answered, there is only one method:  a "Factory Reset":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Sorry.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7