Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 and Netgear Support COMPLETE TRASH!

Pedro2021
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 and Netgear Support COMPLETE TRASH!

Netgear is incapable of producing a stable product and refuses to support it. Total trash company/product (Orbi RBR50 FW/ V2.7.2.104) For the past 2-3 months, 4 months out of the 1 year "support" plan, Orbi drops wifi too many times pers day to count. Cuts in/out contantly. The community and other reviews are full of posts with the same issues. Nothing has worked and Netgear wants me to pay $89.99 for the "privledge" of speaking to customer support to fix their trash product. Screw you Netgear.

Message 1 of 8
vajim
Master

Have you tried to roll your firmware back?

Message 2 of 8
Pedro2021
Aspirant

Back to what version? When the issue started I discovered via the forums that my firmware was out-of-date and not updating automatically which apparently was a common issue. I followed the instructions to manually update. That FW version was perhaps 3-4 ago.

Message 3 of 8
vajim
Master

@Pedro2021 wrote:

Back to what version?

back to the stable version you had before your update OR the oldest one available for your product at the download area OR a factory reset and go from there 

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Your best option is to reach out to other users with more knowledge and experience regarding Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-Have-You-Installed-V2-7-2-104/m-p/2055212

It's not always a firmware problem.

@Pedro2021 wrote:

Back to what version? When the issue started I discovered via the forums that my firmware was out-of-date and not updating automatically which apparently was a common issue. I followed the instructions to manually update. That FW version was perhaps 3-4 ago.

Message 5 of 8
vajim
Master

@vajim wrote:

@Pedro2021 wrote:

Back to what version?

back to the stable version you had before your update OR the oldest one available for your product at the download area OR a factory reset and go from there 

Message 6 of 8
Pedro2021
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestions. Nothing worked but I do appreciate the suggestions. I would think the best solution is for the Netgear to support their products and help resolve issues but that is not happening. They are a crap company. I just ordered a T-Link mesh system and will give that a try. My $500+ Orbi POS will head to the trash ending up in a landfill.
Message 7 of 8
vajim
Master

@Pedro2021 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Nothing worked but I do appreciate the suggestions. I would think the best solution is for the Netgear to support their products and help resolve issues but that is not happening. They are a crap company. I just ordered a T-Link mesh system and will give that a try. My $500+ Orbi POS will head to the trash ending up in a landfill.

sad....in most cases a factory reset gets you back to happy.  sorry it didn't work out

enjoy your T-Link...OBTW...they have firmware issues as well

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7