Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 backhaul always disconnected

Geezynz
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 backhaul always disconnected

Hello - I'm getting strange responses from my orbi login page, for a weeks now my two satalites are always listed as BACKHAUL DISCONNECTED, and also under attachd devices, almost always nothing is listed, or sometimes a device or two will get listed. My home has maybe 20 devices that are always connected. 

Overall performance seems to have deminished also, speeds are slower and response times loading up netflix etc are taking longer than they used to. 

Sorry for all the questions, any suggestions please welcome?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Are RBS wireless or wire connected to RBR?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

I recommend you manually download v2.5.1.8 and update the RBSs first then RBR lastly:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

I agree with @FURRYe38 .  The screenshot shows firmware 2.5.0.38, which was "pulled" by Netgear after a chorus of complaints over devices not being shown correctly. i.e. exactly this issue.  I updated to 2.5.1.8 and my devices show correctly.

Message 3 of 5
radamchak
Guide

Downloaded and installed (automatically, and then manually) v2.5.1.8 tonight. So disappointed I did. Backhaul on my satellites shows "disconnected". And I only see 4 devices out of 33 connected. However, when I open the individual apps. on my phone I can use them. Overall Mb/sec performance seems ok. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you update the RBS first then the RBR? 

Select Remove the RBS from the RBRs connected clients page. Factory reset the RBS then resync. If this doesn't work, you'll need to factory reset the RBR and setup it up from scratch. This should resolve the problem. 

@radamchak wrote:

Downloaded and installed (automatically, and then manually) v2.5.1.8 tonight. So disappointed I did. Backhaul on my satellites shows "disconnected". And I only see 4 devices out of 33 connected. However, when I open the individual apps. on my phone I can use them. Overall Mb/sec performance seems ok. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7