Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 blocking my VoiP from registering.

JGJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 blocking my VoiP from registering.

I have a VoIP grandstream telephone. I have had this for about a year with no connectivity issues. Recently however my orbi has not allowed the phone to register with the VoIP which this has rendered the phone now in operable.

I have been on the phone with my VoIP provider we have tried to change the phone settings and it is not worked. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem and what the fix is? Thank you all in advance for anything you can help with.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 blocking my VoiP from registering.

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What happens if you put the VoIP phone into the RBRs DMZ? Under Advanced/Setup/WAN Setup

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@JGJ wrote:

I have a VoIP grandstream telephone. I have had this for about a year with no connectivity issues. Recently however my orbi has not allowed the phone to register with the VoIP which this has rendered the phone now inoperable.

Could you please clarify the situation:

• The Grandstream has been working with this Orbi for a year with no issues, or
  • The Grandstream was working with a different system for a year, and does not work with a new Orbi installation?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
JGJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Orbi and my grand stream have both been working together for the last year. Something recently changed in the Orby to not allow the grand stream to work I don't know what that was. My VoIP technical support could not see that it was anything to do with the phone. Because what we did is we took the phone LAN Line and plug that directly into the modem and the phone worked. So clearly it's something with the router
Message 4 of 7
JGJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK yes thank you for assistance but wow way over my head I'm sorry
Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What happens if you put the VoIP phone into the RBRs DMZ? Under Advanced/Setup/WAN Setup

@JGJ wrote:
My Orbi and my grand stream have both been working together for the last year. Something recently changed in the Orby to not allow the grand stream to work I don't know what that was. My VoIP technical support could not see that it was anything to do with the phone. Because what we did is we took the phone LAN Line and plug that directly into the modem and the phone worked. So clearly it's something with the router

Message 6 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@JGJ wrote:
OK yes thank you for assistance but wow way over my head I'm sorry

It is understandably upsetting when two systems have worked together for over a year and suddenly no longer work together.

• Does anything else in the house no longer work as it should?
  • How do you manage the Orbi (web interface or Orbi "app")?
  • Have you done a "reset" on everything.  i.e. unplug them all, plug in the modem.  After the modem "settles down", plug in the Orbi.  Ofter the Orbi settles down, plug in the phone?  (I know this sounds "lame", but back in the early days of IBM PC's, we fixed a lot of problems with the "big red (power) switch".)

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7