Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 can not set parental settings with Genie App

pcs1001
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 can not set parental settings with Genie App

I have enabled Parental Controls and setup a Custom filter in Netgear.opendns.com. Everything was working for a short time but when I go into the iOS Genie App and try to set individual devices to Minimal it gives me an error “Failed to set parental Controls!” and will not set it. At first it would look like it set it but when I went back and check to would be set back to the default level on router and start giving me this error when I tried to set it again. I also tried to use the windows desktop program but it will not even connect to the parental setting on my router. I had a similar issue with my Nighthawk R8000 and the only way to fix it was to revert it back to a previous firmware. I got the Orbi to replace my R8000 hoping issues like this would be fixed. Has anybody had similar issues with the parental controls on the Orbi AC3000 router or have anything I can try to fix this. Thanks.

Router: Orbi AC3000 RBR50

Firmware version is: 1.12.0.18

iOS App is the latest version

Desktop App is the latest version

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to reinstall the app?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. A factory reset fixed it for a few days and then it breaks again. I've tried reinstalling the Genie app and using the app on different platforms. Judging by all the Google hits it's a common Netgear problem.
Message 3 of 4
pcs1001
Aspirant

Yes, I have tried to reinstall the app. The only way I can get it to work is to install the previous firmware. It then seems to work for a bit until it automatically updated the firmware again. The factory reset also works for me, but after setting the parental settings on a few individual devices with the app it brakes again.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7