Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 can't access some web sites after changing service provider

Wongie
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 can't access some web sites after changing service provider

I have been using Orbi fine for many months.

Then I changed my Fibre provider from Sky to TalkTalk.

TalkTalk defaults to stop all traffic from sites it doesn't recogonise.  I had to go into my TalkTalk account to unclick this to allow all sites...... However ORBI has continued to follow TalkTalk set up and despite resetting ORBI with a pin, can not figure out how to allow ORBI to all sites.

I have read the advice on the ORBI site but it says to connect your pc to the ORBI or get onto the ORBI network.  I can not do this as the site is BLOCKED by the ORBI and I dont have an connector for my MAC.

Please help it is driving me crazy.  I am not an expert on computers etc so please keep it simple! 

I just want to RESET the Orbi

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 can't access some web sites after changing service provider

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

After you changed providers, power OFF the ISP modem and Orbi Router for 1 minute, then power on the modem and let it sync, once it's ready, power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard...

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Wongie wrote:

I have been using Orbi fine for many months.

Then I changed my Fibre provider from Sky to TalkTalk.

Does TalkTalk come with its own router?  

What you should have done is contact TalkTalk BEFORE you switched and asked how the NG Orbi works with their setup.

Message 3 of 8
Wongie
Aspirant

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry but my knowledge is very limited!  What do you mean by this:-

I have reset both the TalkTalk Router and Orbi and set up the Orbi again after reboot but no luck.  

It is not much help to suggest I should of contacted TalkTalk before I connected the Orbi, that ship has sailed and I have changed supplier twice before without any problems.

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Wongie wrote:

What FW is currently loaded?   Loaded as in your Orbi router and Sats.  Login to the Orbi to find out.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?   This goes back to my question...

I have reset both the TalkTalk Router and Orbi and set up the Orbi again after reboot but no luck.  If you're using a TalkTalk router AND the Orbi router you must place one in the Acces Point (AP) mode.  You can't run 2 routers doing the same job.

It is not much help to suggest I should of contacted TalkTalk before I connected the Orbi, that ship has sailed and I have changed supplier twice before without any problems.

You can still contact TalkTalk and ask for recommendations.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FirmWare is currently loaded on the Orbi router? 

What Manufactuer and Model# modem are you using that the Orbi router is connected too? 

Do you know if the Modem has a built in router?

If it does, 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

@Wongie wrote:

I have reset both the TalkTalk Router and Orbi and set up the Orbi again after reboot but no luck.  

Message 6 of 8
Wongie
Aspirant

I'm not sure of the model of the TalkTalk Modem but after searching on the web I believe it does have a built in router.  So this is where my problem starts?

I am trying to use two routers... Talk Talk & Orbi?  I thought my last modem from Sky had a built in router without any problems.

So I need to 'remove' one of these modems by making it invisable?  

The firmware version is V2.2.1.210.

So I should start with config TalkTalk?

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, the modem router combo is where you need to start. The 3 options are available for you to look into with your ISP and see which one best works with the Orbi. 

You might start with #2...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7