Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 cannot unblock device

dunogod
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 cannot unblock device

Earlier this evening, I blocked my daughter's PC on the Access Control screen, but after unblocking her PC (it shows as unblocked now on the Access Control screen), her PC won't reconnect to the either the RBR50 or the RBS50 satellites.  Please don't direct me to the pages telling me how to block and unblock a device; I obviously know how to do that.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
JoeCymru
Virtuoso

When confronted by such things, I can think of a ton of work around attempts to try to straighten it out, and sometimes I just revert back to taking things down and rebuilding rather than playing in frustration for hours. There may be some simple toggle fix here or a router reboot may be all that is needed, but from a distance it is difficult to tell without a ton of back and forth posts.

First, I would insure that I have "Allow all new devices to connect" (on the page you did not want to be redirected) checked then saved. . You may have already done this but it was not stated. 

Then I would make sure the computer was not connected to the wifi. Power it off. I would go to the section on Allowed But Not Currently Connected, and remove the computer from the list. This is just clean up.

You may want to do a router reboot here.

On the computer I would then forget the network. Then I would try to reestablish connection, with password.

Message 2 of 4
dunogod
Aspirant

Thanks for the response @JoeCymru.  Unfortunately, resetting the router to factory default and deleting the SSID profile from my daughter's laptop did absolutely nothing.  Not really in the mood to go through a Windows 10 refresh at the moment either, but it might be just the thing to do for other reasons.

Any other ideas before I go through that ordeal? 🙂

Message 3 of 4
dunogod
Aspirant

I got it to reconnect correctly by removing the WiFi adapter from the Device Manager and rebooting the laptop.  Now I get to figure out how to undo her UltraSurf routing changes and install and configure GPE.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7