Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 constant "Resolving host" errors across all browsers

MicahD
Star

Orbi RBR50 constant "Resolving host" errors across all browsers

Like subject says, lately (past 10 days or so) I get constant "Resolving host" messages when visiting websites AND when trying to go to orbilogin.com to adminster my router.  The hangtime for these websites can be as much as 3 to 5 minutes waiting for the site to load, and often it never loads, just kicking back an error "Can't find this websites IP address".

Happens across both Chrome and Safari.  Yes, I cleared caches, yes I restarted both the cable modem and the Orbi router.  No change.

Note:  This does not happen when using the satellite, only with things connected to the main Orbi router

Details:  

Orbi RBK50 router with one satellite

Google chrome, latest build

iMac, current OSX build

Please help!!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
MicahD
Star

PS:  Orbi system is updated to latest firmware as of 05.03.18

Message 2 of 9
MicahD
Star

No one can help with this?  

What is the point of a $350 wifi system when it slows my wifi connection to a crawl with "Resolving host" issues constantly?

Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Do you have circle enabled? if so try to disable it and see if anything loads. also you may want to power cycle your modem and the orbi router.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
paikman8
Aspirant

There is clearly an issue between Circle and the latest Orbi firmware that is killing perfromance.  I can enable the opendns parent controls and have no issues, but with Circle on websites like mlb.com, samsclub.com and others will not load all background graphics or flash.  What is the status of a new firmware update to correct this mess?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 5 of 9
MicahD
Star

Thank you for the suggestions DarrenM.

As noted in my orginal post, I already tried cycling modem and Orbi, no change.

yes I have Circle enabled.  Disabling it sort of defeats the entir point of using it.  Circle is offered (in fact, pushed) by Netgear, are you saying that Netgear is encouraging us to sign up for a service that makes their own hardware no longer work properly?  

Like SO many others, I'm getting tired of dealing with the nonsense the Orbi system is causing.  All I want is fast, reliable WiFi, and Orbi can't seem to do that so I must ask... what's the point in buying this system?  It literally can't do the ONE thing I need it to do and that it is, in fact, its main function.

Instead of wasting time trying to fix this thing I'll just return it and get a Velop or other system, I'm not going to spend any more time trying to fix something when all I need is for it to just WORK.

Message 6 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

There was a known issue with circle servers last week causing the issues you were seeing if you are still experiencing this please PM me you circle ID number that you can find in the circle app so I can have the issue investigated.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 9
MicahD
Star

Thank you Darren, in the past 4 days or so I have not experienced any further issues, so whatever was going on with Circle must have been fixed.  Thank you for continuing to keep me updated about this issue.

Message 8 of 9
paikman8
Aspirant

Thanks.  Circle appears to be working properly as of this evening.  I will let you know if the issue crops up again.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7