Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 device name cannot change

James_77
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 device name cannot change

Device name cannot be changed. When I change device name, sometimes another device name will show blocked. This blocked device name I click the box then click “allow”, it won’t change. If I click “ all allow “ , it will show “ allow” status.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

NG is aware of the issue. It's not a critical issue that stops operation.Granted a inconvience for those who want this feature to work. Either use the FW as is and wait for the fix or downgrade FW. 

Sad....for as was well BEFORE upgrading.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Please browse any of the message threads with 2.5.0.38 in the title.  Almost everyone who updated to this firmware release has commented that "Device Naming" is horribly broken.  People who care about device assignments and names have manually gone back to 2.3.5.30.

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@CrimpOn wrote:

.....  People who care about device assignments and names have manually gone back to 2.3.5.30.

...and then there are others who don't perform manual firmware updates.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

NG is aware of the issue. It's not a critical issue that stops operation.Granted a inconvience for those who want this feature to work. Either use the FW as is and wait for the fix or downgrade FW. 

@James_77 wrote:
Device name cannot be changed. When I change device name, sometimes another device name will show blocked. This blocked device name I click the box then click “allow”, it won’t change. If I click “ all allow “ , it will show “ allow” status.

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Sad....for as was well BEFORE upgrading.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Care to give v40 a try? Looks like one user said the naming of devices seems fixed for him. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Where-are-the-device-names-located-when-in-a-telnet-session/td...

@James_77 wrote:

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7