Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 firmware and Disney Circle

Vicsternz
Follower

Orbi RBR50 firmware and Disney Circle

Says my router -Orbi RBR50 is compatible with Disney Circle and that firmware needs updating. However errors when app goes to update the firmware.

What is the correct version of the firmware that I need, where can I access it and does it work / are there issues with its performance?

Thanks very much
Message 1 of 12
bayoyong
Tutor

I'm having the same issue. Can't add Circle. Brand new Orbi. RBR20.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 2 of 12
Starbucky
Apprentice

You need to load firmware V2.1.2.18 for the RBR50 and RBS50 for Circle and wired backhaul. It was pulled because there are some major issues for some users. A fix is supposedly coming.

Message 3 of 12
bayoyong
Tutor

Thx! How do I do that? And should I? Or wait?
Message 4 of 12
Starbucky
Apprentice

Well up until Saturday I would have recommended you upgrade/downgrade/sidegrade to the 2.1.x firmware but I started having wifi and reboot issues. So unless you are willing to put with some stability issues to get the Circle integration I would wait until NetGear releases a new firmware.   

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 12
bayoyong
Tutor

Ok thx again so much. 

Message 6 of 12
ANBMKB
Initiate

Purchased RBR50 yesterday and spent several hours last night and tonight trying to get Circle running.  Finally found this message.  Thanks for providing and will wait for properly working firmware.  

Message 7 of 12
bayoyong
Tutor

Hey Guys,

Ok, so I'm lame. My model is the RBR20. I was trying to update firmware for the RBR50. So close yet so far. Downloaded, installed the correct firmware for both R and S. Have Circle running fine. Thx again so much for your help!

Message 8 of 12
BigD56
Aspirant

I am glad you resolved your issue. I thought there might had been confusion over the model you were downloading as I mentioned in my last post with the files to use.

Message 9 of 12
Starbucky
Apprentice

I'm happy you figured it out. I also thought you might be using thr wrong model. I hope you find Cirle to your liking.

Message 10 of 12
Starbucky
Apprentice

Maybe my signature with model and fw version messed you up... Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
bayoyong
Tutor

Since you guys are so awesome, was wondering if I could ask another...I have Cox gigablast at home. Wondering how fast a connection I should expect with Orbi. Used to have a NightHawk. Speeds seem similar when nearby. Definitely better when upstairs thanks to Orbi. But only hitting about 300mb. Is that par for the course? On the NightHawk, I used to get 400-600...again when nearby.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7