Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 general issues

Tlucek
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 general issues

Hi there. First of all, I want to say to the whole world that Netgear's behavior how their customer may reach any support if he struggles, moreover if there is any product with ended legal warranty, is incredible HELL, the worst of all I have experienced so far in my life. I am still your customer, Netgear, even if I use one of your older device! Wake up!!! Denying me access to customer's support is just a dream.

To the point:

1. why Orbi login page says I am not connected to orbi wifi network if THIS IS THE ONLY WIFI IN MY HOUSEHOLD?

2. why Orbi iOS app since version 2.14.0.300 until now does not accept my iPhone as trusted device? (yes, I reinstalled it, several times in last 5 months)

3. why link rate, on my quite new ntb, 3 meters from router, dropped to 2Mbps, while older device 15 meters far from it, connected through 3 walls, has link rate 144Mbps?

Thanks, Peter

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 general issues

@Tlucek wrote:

To the point:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

1. why Orbi login page says I am not connected to orbi wifi network if THIS IS THE ONLY WIFI IN MY HOUSEHOLD? Is this with a wireless or wired PC? 

2. why Orbi iOS app since version 2.14.0.300 until now does not accept my iPhone as trusted device? (yes, I reinstalled it, several times in last 5 months) Review this: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/m-p/2220...

3. why link rate, on my quite new ntb, 3 meters from router, dropped to 2Mbps, while older device 15 meters far from it, connected through 3 walls, has link rate 144Mbps?

Do you have a RBS as well as a RBR? Possible the device is connecting to the remote RBS if it's in play. 

Building materials effect wifi thus connection rates will be lower at greater distances. 

Some devices are not designed or built well.

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 3
Tlucek
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50 general issues

Hi Furry.
Until today it was 2.17.0.171. Yes, I did factory reset two times in last 5 months.

1. Wireless
2. Thank you!
3. RBR50. The point is that older device with higher link rate is more far and behind obstacles (walls). At this point it does not make sense to me.

Tlucek
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7