Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 has no wifi interfaces

sebnet
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 has no wifi interfaces

I purchased the Orbi RBK50 almost a year ago and have had no issues until today.  Due to reasons at work, I had to enable IPv6 on the router.  I changed the setting yesterday morning, and everything worked falwlessly all day.  When I sat down at my desk this morning, I had no wireless connectivity with my Orbi system.  My SSID was not visible anywhere.  I rebotted my modem and my routers, but everything still failed.  I cannot connect via ethernet either.  I tried to factory reset my Obri; however, no wireless network displays to begin the configuration process again.

Firmware Version: When I checked yesterday, it said there were no updates.  I don't recall that version number.

Recent Changes:  Enabled IPv6 via the administration web page one day ago, and everything worked well.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 has no wifi interfaces

So after the reset, your not getting an IPv4 IP address on a wire connected PC? If not, you can try this:

https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP 

Use Windows version of TFTP, not the program linked there. 

IF this fails, and you can't seem to get this going, you should contact NG support. RMA maybe needed. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW is currently loaded on the router? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem?

IF you disable IPv6, does the wifi come back? 

What brower are you using to manage the routers web page?

Any other wifi neighbors hear by, if so, how many and what channels are they using? 

Message 2 of 6
sebnet
Tutor

Thank you for replying.  I can't recall the exact version number, but it was the latest version as of yesterday which was 2.1.3.4

The modem is a Netgear CM1000.

I cannot disable IPv6, as I cannot get any type of connection to the router, neither Ethernet nor WiFi.  I have tried:

Chrome and Firefox on Linux

Charome and Safari on Mac

Chrome and IE on Windows 10

I have used the paper clip to restore to factory defaults.  

It seems that i have a hardware failure, but I was hoping someone had some other insight or confirmation of the issue.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

So after the reset, your not getting an IPv4 IP address on a wire connected PC? If not, you can try this:

https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP 

Use Windows version of TFTP, not the program linked there. 

IF this fails, and you can't seem to get this going, you should contact NG support. RMA maybe needed. 

Message 4 of 6
sebnet
Tutor

Thanks for the ray of hope.  I will try this tonight, as I have re-installed an older router so I can get some work accomplished today.  I will reply with success or failure.  Hoping I get to mark you suggestion as the solution!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation