Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 - iPhone App Store/ESPN not working

AdamGH
Guide

Orbi RBR50 - iPhone App Store/ESPN not working

Just set up my system and everything works great. WiFi has been extended throughout entire house. I have found two small issues.

- my App Store will not download new apps or update apps
- my ESPN app is not working on my iPhone. I haven’t found any other issues. Everything seems to be working fine.

I have read other threads and haven’t found anything.

Any ideas? I appreciate any feedback.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
NewOrbiNow
Tutor

Found the fix....

If you just access...

http://orbilogin.com

from a device that is connected to the orbi you will get a popup message saying "fixing your DNS because of a conflict with your provider.   

After this it seems it is all working.   

I think what they added to the webpage was automating the steps from this post:

https://kb.netgear.com/31100/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-system-to-work-with-Fios

View solution in original post

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 14 of 15

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

Looks like a bandwidth/throughput issue. How much speed can you get from your iPhone when connected to Orbi?

Message 2 of 15
AdamGH
Guide

I have plenty of speed. 57 Mbps down and 61 Mbps up.
Message 3 of 15
ekhalil
Master

Can be an issue in the iPhone network settings, can result from keeping the same SSID after changing the router. Try to reset your iPhone network settings:
Open Settings > Tap General > Tap Reset > Tap Reset Network Settings
If you're prompted to enter a passcode, enter it now then follow the onscreen instructions.

Message 4 of 15
AdamGH
Guide

Just reset my network settings. Did not work. Still having problems. Any other ideas?
Message 5 of 15
ekhalil
Master

Have you tried with other iPhones connected to the Orbi? Can it be a phone issue?

Message 6 of 15
AdamGH
Guide

Yes. Same issue on my brother’s phone and wife’s phone too.
Message 7 of 15
MRMikeR
Initiate

I also have this issue.  I did not reuse my old SSID, I have rebooted everything, reset network settings, etc.   I cannot update my iphone's apps, and there are a few financial apps that will not run. Everything else on it runs fine.   Same on my ipad, and my daughter's fire tablet.  Sony playstation also has difficulty.    

I have a ton of speed, and other devices are all working as intended.

Message 8 of 15
ekhalil
Master

I remember I had similar issues with app store not updating apps, but that was something related to Apple ID on the phone and not to wifi.

Try to sign out of iTunes and App Store and signing in again. To sign out go to Settings > Tap on your name on the top > Itunes & App Store > Tap on your Apple ID on the top > Tap on Sign Out.

Then do the reverse to sign in again.

Message 9 of 15
ekhalil
Master

The following looks similar to the issue you’re having, doesn’t look like Orbi issue:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7493620

Message 10 of 15
NewOrbiNow
Tutor

I am having the same problem as the original poster...   Getting 60 MBPS up and down all over the house which is great.. 

But 4 apps do not work, ESPN being one of them.  The post that was linked to talks about using a Google public DNS to fix the problem, which should not be needed.   Netgear should address this issue.

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 11 of 15
NewOrbiNow
Tutor

I tried this with my wifes iphone which is a different version and all the same problems are there... cannot download apps... cannot use ESPN app.  Cannot use the other apps.

DNS fix that was linked does not resolve the issue.  

I called a buddy who recommended the orbi and asked him to try and he said the same problem occurs for him... so this is occuring for everyone.

Does anyone have a fix for this?  Don't want all this stuff not working.  

Message 12 of 15
AdamGH
Guide

Yeah. I am the original poster and have unfortunately given up. I am using my old wireless right now because every iPhone is having the same issue. My brother and his friends were over and all had the same issue. It is a real problem. Wish I had the answer.
Message 13 of 15
NewOrbiNow
Tutor

Found the fix....

If you just access...

http://orbilogin.com

from a device that is connected to the orbi you will get a popup message saying "fixing your DNS because of a conflict with your provider.   

After this it seems it is all working.   

I think what they added to the webpage was automating the steps from this post:

https://kb.netgear.com/31100/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-system-to-work-with-Fios

Message 14 of 15
NewOrbiNow
Tutor

Hmmm... checked my AP Mode/Router Mode setting and I was still in Router mode and everything was working fine after accessing the site... so you can ignore the link to netgear I posted and just access the http://orbilogin.com site from inside the orbi wifi and it should work.

Just as an FYI I tried AP mode and it did not seem to do anything.  Speeds were exactly the same and everything still worked in AP mode.  

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7