Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 in AP-mode will not connect to internett

Havblik
Initiate

Orbi RBR50 in AP-mode will not connect to internett

I have a cabled network with a modem/router from Telenor (ZyXEL 8702). I've set up the Orbi RBR50 as an access point and cabled it to the nettwork via the WAN-port. Everthing seems to work, but the Orbi says it is not connected to internet and the magenta light lits on both units (master and slave). But the equipment that is connected to the wifi network is working and can access the internet. But since the orbi think is is not connected, the NTP is not functioning and I can not oppgrade the firmware automaticly.

The firmware version is 2.5.1.16. See pictures for setup.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Havblik
Initiate

Thanks,

The old thread was very useful.

The RBR50 must be connected via the WAN-connector, but by choose "use fixed IP Adress (not recommended)" in AP-mode and use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS and Telenor DNS as sekundary it all worked out.

That manual upset also made me aware of my gateway ip adress was wrong (192.168.1.0). The setup did not let me save that, but in "Get dynamic from exsisting router" it accepted the wrong ip. I changed my Telenor router to 192.168.1.1 and everything was running smooth.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

Try connecting the Orbi base to your modem using one of its LAN ports instead of the WAN ports.  That was a suggestion in this old thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-router-solid-magenta-not-the-satellite/td-p/1203936/page/...

Message 2 of 4
Havblik
Initiate

Thanks,

The RBR50 must be connected via the WAN-connector, but by choose "use fixed IP Adress (not recommended)" in AP-mode and use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS and Telenor DNS as sekundary it all worked out.

That manual upset also made me aware of my gateway ip adress was wrong (192.168.1.0). The setup did not let me save that, but in "Get dynamic from exsisting router" it accepted the wrong ip. I changed my Telenor router to 192.168.1.1 and everything was running smooth.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Thats how i have mine setup with a static IP address. Yes, need to make sure the subnet mask and gateway addresses are correct for AP mode to work. WAN port is needed as well for the connected. 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Havblik wrote:

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7