Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 is not detecting new firmware Version 2.5.1.16)

ChuckieCheese
Luminary

Orbi RBR50 is not detecting new firmware Version 2.5.1.16)

Per Netgear website, there is a new firmware https://kb.netgear.com/000061838/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-16

My RBR50 currently have V2.3.5.34. When I login to the router --> Firmware Update and click "Check", the router reported that there is "No new firmware version available."

Is 2.5.1.16 not the right firmware for my RBR50?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 is not detecting new firmware Version 2.5.1.16)

@ChuckieCheese wrote:

The answer is, "it depends".  If your Orbi is not functioning correctly, new firmware has addressed some problems.  But, new firmware often introduces new problems.  So, if the Orbi is functioning the way you want, there is no need to update the firmware.  When there is an urgent requirement to update firmware, the hope is that Netgear will make that need abundantly clear.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 is not detecting new firmware Version 2.5.1.16)

Should you choose to update the system yourself, 

First manually download the RBS and RBR FW files from the download site. 

Unpack the FW from the .zip files.

Use a wired PC for this process. Safari(Mac), IE11(Windows), Firefox or Opera browsers are recommended.

Then send the RBR FW file lastly.

Factory reset the RBS and RBR and setup from scratch. After makeing sure the system works after setting up, be sure to make a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. This saves time if a reset is needed again.

I recommend keeping this method, as it's a proven method I and others have been using for years to update router FW.

Again, this if you choose to do manually update FW yourself. Smiley Wink

@ChuckieCheese wrote:

Per Netgear website, there is a new firmware https://kb.netgear.com/000061838/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-16

My RBR50 currently have V2.3.5.34. When I login to the router --> Firmware Update and click "Check", the router reported that there is "No new firmware version available."

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7