Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 magenta ring

SRNIJMU
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 magenta ring

Router: RBR50: Purchased May 19, 2019, Firmware updated within the last week.

Modem: Comcast TG3482G

Woke up this morning to no wifi, was working last night perfectly, no changes were made.

Solid magenta ring on router

Rebooted router via app 2x

Rebooted modem via app 1x.

Rebooted router via unplug/replug

Rebooted modem via unplug/replug

Called comcast, they did reset and then turned off bridge mode.

Upstream to internet directly via Comcast router/modem is OK, so issue is with Orbi.

What do I do?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi RBR50 magenta ring

@SRNIJMU wrote:

Just tired it again. Nothing. I didn't change any settings while bridge mode was off. I think I'm going to replace it but it's redicululus that a $500 router would die after a little over a year. I've bought many netgear routers over the years but never again.

If you have not done so, try a factory reset and reconfigure the Orbi router

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
Mstrbig
Master

@SRNIJMU wrote:

Router: RBR50: Purchased May 19, 2019, Firmware updated within the last week.

Modem: Comcast TG3482G

Woke up this morning to no wifi, was working last night perfectly, no changes were made.

Solid magenta ring on router

Rebooted router via app 2x

Rebooted modem via app 1x.

Rebooted router via unplug/replug

Rebooted modem via unplug/replug

Called comcast, they did reset and then turned off bridge mode.

Upstream to internet directly via Comcast router/modem is OK, so issue is with Orbi.

What do I do?

Did you reconfigure the Orbi router since you had bridge mode turned off?

Message 2 of 9
Jas23
Aspirant

Seems like Orbi has lost the ability to connect to internet this morning.
I just got off a call with Xfinity, thinking that it was their issue. But turns out, they have been getting calls from customers with Netgear routers all morning, complaining about loosing internet.
For now I have switched to an older router from a different company and the internet is back on.
Not sure how and where to complain about Netgear issue.
Message 3 of 9
Jas23
Aspirant

Seems like it just came back online for me. Try yours, we might be back in business.
Message 4 of 9
SRNIJMU
Aspirant

Just tired it again. Nothing. I didn't change any settings while bridge mode was off. I think I'm going to replace it but it's redicululus that a $500 router would die after a little over a year. I've bought many netgear routers over the years but never again.

Message 5 of 9
Mstrbig
Master

@SRNIJMU wrote:

If you have not done so, try a factory reset and reconfigure the Orbi router

Message 6 of 9
SRNIJMU
Aspirant

I can try but it's a real pain. I need to call Comcast back each time and ask them to unbridge the modem. Also, why would it stop working randomly overnight and why would a factory reset help? Did some setting get randomly corrupted? I've been having issues with the router for about 4 months now, required daily reboots for random 1 week stretches.

Message 7 of 9
Mstrbig
Master

@SRNIJMU wrote:

I can try but it's a real pain. I need to call Comcast back each time and ask them to unbridge the modem. Also, why would it stop working randomly overnight and why would a factory reset help? Did some setting get randomly corrupted? I've been having issues with the router for about 4 months now, required daily reboots for random 1 week stretches.

I know it is, and everyone is reluctant to do it. However, every manufacturer's router I deal with, sometimes for some reason, whether it's power outage, mis configure, etc, they malfunction, and the only way to get the router or satellite to work properly is to factory reset it. 

What is your Comcast router connected to? You should be able to setup your Orbi router, as Comcast is issuing an IP address and DNS servers.

Message 8 of 9
SRNIJMU
Aspirant

That did it.  Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements