Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 not connnecting to modem

noshlar
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 not connnecting to modem

Hi, i hope someone can help me!

I have an Orbi RBR50 router with 2 x RBS50 satellites.  The router is connected to my ISP modem (Virgin hub 3 - set in modem mode) via ethernet.

I bought this system last June and everything has worked perfectly up until about 4 or 5 weeks ago when the Virgin network went down across the whole country.  After the system came back up, my Orbi router would not connect to the modem, the white ring at the top of the router just flashes continuously.  The power led at the back is green.

I spoke with one of the techies at Virgin and he got me to perform lots of checks, power downs, factory resets etc. but none of them worked, so they sent me a new hub 3 modem / router.  I have tried to set the Orbi up on the new modem but it's exactly the same, same old flashing white rings?

Does anyone out there have any idea how this could be fixed (or do i need a new one?)?

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 not connnecting to modem

The factory reset was on the original Virgin modem, correct?

Have you tried a Factory Reset on the Orbi router?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

Message 2 of 5
noshlar
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the quick response

Yes, when i did the tests with the techy from Virgin, i reset both the virgin hub (modem / router) and the Orbi router.  When that did'nt work the guy from Virgin sent me a brand new hub.  When this came, i reset the orbi again and followed the new install instructions again - no joy!

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

There is a difference berween 'reset' and 'factory reset'. Which did you do? 

Message 4 of 5
noshlar
Aspirant

Apologies for not being clearer - i meant factory reset (the same as in the youtube link provided)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7