Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 not resetting password and UID on paperclip reset

Dave_G20
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 not resetting password and UID on paperclip reset

I have tried everything with the paperclip on my RBR50. Until it turns orange and blink, until it turns orange, until it goes back to green.  Turning it's pwoer on and off, unplugging devices, and it DOES NOT, ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT reset the password and user ID.  It doesn't reset the security questions, it does NOTHING.  I am asking the community to help because Netgear doesn't even support it's own products (seemingly) except to host a community forum?  What's up with that?  This is the first product I have ever bought in this price range where I couldn't at least email technical support directly.  Very disappointing.  I am hopeful that the community will have an answer because the YouTube video on the reset certainly doesn't help me and my device.  Desperate for help!

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 not resetting password and UID on paperclip reset

Can you log into the routers web page and go to Advanced Tab/Advanced/BackUp and select ERASE. Then once this process starts, clear ALL browser caches, exit the broswer and re-open the browser and navigate to 192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com and walk thru the setup wizard. 

Try different browsers, like IE11, FF or Opera. 

Message 2 of 7
Dave_G20
Aspirant

That would work if I could get into that page. Which I need the password and userID to do.
Message 3 of 7
Dave_G20
Aspirant

That would work if except I need the password and userID to get there...
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

When using the reset pin hole and holding it until the top turns on AMBER and let go. Did you clear browser caches and exit and reopen the broswer while the router reset? Try a diffrent browser? 

@Blanca_O

@Christian_R

Message 5 of 7
Dave_G20
Aspirant

I cleared the cache and reopened the bbrowse but that didn't help. I finally did get it. apparently it didn't change or accept the capitalization on the user ID (I had it set to ADmin - wrote it down and it apparently wanted admin along with the old password) the funny part is it asked different security questions than when I set it up, so I couldn't give the answers to it. At any rate it will work well enough like this. Thanks for the quick responses...
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok,m glad you figured it out. Ya, the reset pin button should work to clear the settings including the PW. I would use the UI and do and ERASE and go in and reset up the system again and this time give new information, write this information down for safe keeping later on. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7