Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 not showing in network list after outage

dm4evr
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 not showing in network list after outage

We have had our Orbi router for about a week and had no issues with setup and in fact it doubled our wifi speeds and so we have been very happy with it. We are currently in the middle of a small remodel in our home and our contractor needed to shut off the electricity to fix some wiring in the house and the breaker was temporarily shut off to the area of the house we have our Orbi router in. Since it was turned back on, although our modem and the orbi are both powered on, the Orbi is no longer being picked up when scanning for wifi networks. I have tried reseting both the modem and orbi but to no avail. Also, i dont know if this is relevant, but the power light on the back of the Orbi is blinking and the led light at the top is a solid white. Please help...
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RBR50 not showing in network list after outage

Hello dm4evr 

Have you tried to hold in the reset button for 10 seconds to do a factory reset?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
dm4evr
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50 not showing in network list after outage

Thank you DarrenM, but yes I have already tried that. In fact, let me offer up an update to inform everyone of what our results have been.
First, Im pretty tech savy, so if i cant figure something out within about half an hour I dont have the patience to let it sit that way, sooooo, I called netgear customer service.
We did some trouble shooting, including but certainly not limited to holding down the reset button for a full minute, and ultimately discovered that even though i had only had the unit for about a week, for what ever reason the power having been turned off to that room of the house somehow was the catalyst for our Orbi having faulty hardware.
Important: I was told by the customer support that if your power button is flashing, and not solid, that it means you have faulty hardware. Just FYI for anyone with the same problem.
Because Ive had the unit for so little time, Netgear is sending a replacement. Hopefully, there is no issue with this one.
Thank you for your input!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7