Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 port forwarding -- can't find tab

Plumbuddle
Star

Orbi RBR50 port forwarding -- can't find tab

I'm trying to install circle premium on my Orbi.  It's glitched in part because I haven't got certain ports open.  Circle have told me to perform the following operation to start opening the ports:  Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Port Forwarding/Port Triggering.  This comes from the Orbi manual itself.  My problem is that when I go on Advanced, there is not an Advanced Setup option but simply Setup, and there's certainly no tab for port forwarding or triggering.  I have the latest firmware.  Is there any other way of getting to this tab?  I can't find it either in the basic or the advanced router login tabs, wherever I look.

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 port forwarding -- can't find tab

Try a different browser like IE11, FF or Opera? 

Message 2 of 8
Plumbuddle
Star

Re: Orbi RBR50 port forwarding -- cant apply changes

Thank you so much, I have and it works.  But having followed the advice on the port opening process I've not been able to apply my changes.  I get the error message "The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type".  I have no idea how to check these or what I am looking to do once I've found them!!!  Is there any advice you could give?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If your setting up any Port Forwarding configurations, you need to disable uPnP first. Then PF should work on saving. 

Message 4 of 8
Plumbuddle
Star

That doesn't work for me.  I switched uPnP off and applied, then I did the same process.  Got this error message:  "The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type".

Is there anything else I can do than disable UPnP?  Thanks so much

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Do have any other configurations that you have set up in those areas already? 

You might try a reset on the router, go in and first disable uPnP, then set up a PF configuration and see if you get the same message...

Message 6 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RBR50 port forwarding -- can't find tab

Hi @Plumbuddle

What is the port number that you're tyring to open?

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

@Plumbuddle wrote:

That doesn't work for me.  I switched uPnP off and applied, then I did the same process.  Got this error message:  "The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type".

Is there anything else I can do than disable UPnP?  Thanks so much

Any progress on this? 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7