Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 problem hard wired to Sky Q box

nadams69
Follower

Orbi RBR50 problem hard wired to Sky Q box

Hi any help appreciated 

My set up is sky q router with wifi turned off , wired into athe Orbi RBR 50 in AP mode.I have a  satellite RBS50 hard wired to the RBR50 router. All this is working perfectly as a wired backhaul and good connection between the two of them.

My problem is i'm trying to hard wire the router to my Sky Q box, with it connected I go into sky network setup and say I want to hard wire but it doesn;t work. I have the option to manually input ip address, subnet , router ip and dns but don't know what to input. 

I have tried both the ip adress of the sky router and orbi router but no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Nick

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 problem hard wired to Sky Q box

The Sky box has to be connected to the Sky Q Router I believe..I would contact Sky Q for help and support regarding there equipment. 

@nadams69 wrote:

Hi any help appreciated 

My set up is sky q router with wifi turned off , wired into athe Orbi RBR 50 in AP mode.I have a  satellite RBS50 hard wired to the RBR50 router. All this is working perfectly as a wired backhaul and good connection between the two of them.

My problem is i'm trying to hard wire the router to my Sky Q box, with it connected I go into sky network setup and say I want to hard wire but it doesn;t work. I have the option to manually input ip address, subnet , router ip and dns but don't know what to input. 

I have tried both the ip adress of the sky router and orbi router but no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Nick

Message 2 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi RBR50 problem hard wired to Sky Q box

@nadams69 wrote:

................My problem is i'm trying to hard wire the router to my Sky Q box, with it connected I go into sky network setup and say I want to hard wire but it doesn;t work. ............

Orbi does not currently support IGMP snooping and that's why it's not recommended to wire the Sky Box to it because multicast packets from the box will then reach to all your devices and impact their and the network's performance. Please wire the box to the Sky router if possible.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7