Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 - "Problem Detecting the Internet Connection"

drjeffnewman
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 - "Problem Detecting the Internet Connection"

Orbi system shows as availabe but wont connect devices to internet.  Used secondary router to check and devices work fine on that router with same modem.  Specifics below.

11/26/20

- all household devices connected to RBR50 (Orbi Router) still recognized network but were unable to connect to the internet.

- I performed all CM1000 (Netgear Modem) and RBR50 restarts along with calling Comcast and having them refresh my signal.

- Still no fix.

- I then checked network via plugging my backup router R9000 (Netgear Nighthawk X10) in to CM1000.  This setup worked perfectly.  I was able to connect all my household devices to the network successfully, although my range is lacking.

- I factory reset RBR50 with paperclip.

- I reconnected CM1000 to RBR50 and realized that my firmware must not have been auto updating and was severly outdated.

- I did manual downloads of new firmware from Netgear and updated the RBR50 and RBS50 to firmware versions RBR50-V2.7.1.60 and RBS50-V2.7.1.60.

- Still no fix and met with the following image on the RBR50 router page when performing setup.

- I have changed ethernet cords, what am I missing here?

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you powering OFF The modem and RBR for 30 seconds then power ON the modem and let it sync the power On the RBR? Then check for the connection on the RBRs web page. 

Be sure your using good quality LAN cable between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you powering OFF The modem and RBR for 30 seconds then power ON the modem and let it sync the power On the RBR? Then check for the connection on the RBRs web page. 

Be sure your using good quality LAN cable between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 4
drjeffnewman
Aspirant

Changed the cord to a cat6 and everything is working fine. Thanks
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Please mark your thread as solved. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7