Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 satellite cannot connect to router - LED pulses white, then solid pink then blue

Paolomorrone
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 satellite cannot connect to router - LED pulses white, then solid pink then blue

One day, my home internet cut out on all our devices. I tried to power cycle my devices, from modem to router to satelite without any luck. Until I realized the Satellite was not appearing in my device list anymore, even if the LED was blue (number of satellites "none"). 

Then I realized that if I disconnect the satellite from power, my Orbi router sends WiFi to all devices in the house, with some difficulty on the third floor, but we do get WiFi. As soon as I reconnect the satellite to power and try to pair it, all WiFi drops again ("No Internet").

I tried a factory reset on the satellite, but it cannot be set it up as it cannot be found by my software (iPad Netgear software and online at netgear.com). Even after the facotry reset however, when I power on the satellite, the LED will illuminate white, then pulse white, followed by a solid pink, then to blue, as if it was paired to the router, no matter what I do (even after a factory reset - Pushing a paper clip in the slot for more than 7 seconds - See attached video

). What's going on? Lastly, if I push a paper clip within the proper hole, the yellow led will pulse and then go to green after 7 seconds. I cannot hold it in longer. It wasn't like that for the router.

I manually installed the latest firmware update on the router to V2.0.0.76, but I cannot update the satellite.

Can anyone guide me on what to do next? I feel as though there is a major conflict between both devices for which I cannot figure out.

Thanks!

Paolo

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RBR50 satellite cannot connect to router - LED pulses white, then solid pink then blue

Try to connect to the satellite via a ethernet connection and try to navigate to 192.168.1.250 and see if you can get into the satellite and update the firmware manually.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7