Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 setu but Satelitte the ethnetnet ports do not work

vgmon
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 setu but Satelitte the ethnetnet ports do not work

I read similar issues and tried to reste both router and sateitte. First I powered off the Modem and then turned on and waited and then followed instalataion of orbi Router and ten went upstairs to check the Ring on the satelitte was solid blue. Plugged in the 4 ethernet cables for Android boxes I have close to satellitte. 

On android box the ethernet connection does not show...

Should I be able to use the ethernet if the satelitte is wirelessly connected to the Orbi router?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
vgmon
Tutor

Re: Orbi RBR50 setu but Satelitte the ethnetnet ports do not work

I called support and I extended my warranty. Got technical support. My firmware was updated according to the unit . Said latest update. When Tech helped they had another Firmware update and installed on both Router and satellite of Orbi. All ports on the router and satellitte now work with Android devices and laptop

My issue has been resolved and I now have 2 years extended support

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@vgmon wrote:

On android box the ethernet connection does not show...

Should I be able to use the ethernet if the satelitte is wirelessly connected to the Orbi router?

YES, the ethernet ports on the satellite(s) are active when the satellite is connected over WiFi backhaul.

Can you describe what kind of "Android boxes" these are?

I am more familiar with diagnosing network issues on Windows and Linux.

Are these boxes portable?  Can one be moved next to the router (temporarily)?

Message 2 of 6
vgmon
Tutor

yes they are portable. Currently I had to revert back to using Powerline to get internet. I have a couple differnt Android boxexs

HK1 Rbox

Pendoo x11 pro

Beelink

Downstairs I have another Beelink and an apple TV. near the Orbi router. I connected to the apple TV and works but Beelink android does not.  Went back upstairs and brough a laptop OS windows 10 and no ethernet detected. Restarted the laptop and nothing.

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Is this Orbi less than 90 days old?

Message 4 of 6
vgmon
Tutor

No I bought in Aug 2019. I never used the ethernet ports as I had setup in a room that there was nothing to connect. Recently i decided that if I moved the unit to another room it would be better and the ethernet ports can be used

Message 5 of 6
vgmon
Tutor

I called support and I extended my warranty. Got technical support. My firmware was updated according to the unit . Said latest update. When Tech helped they had another Firmware update and installed on both Router and satellite of Orbi. All ports on the router and satellitte now work with Android devices and laptop

My issue has been resolved and I now have 2 years extended support

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7