Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 shows incomplete list of attached devices

chimpoo
Tutor

Orbi RBR50 shows incomplete list of attached devices

I have Orbi RBR50 with firmware version V2.5.1.8. Issue is that it shows incomplete list of attached devices connected. I tried the orbi iphone app and the browser but had the same results. I phyiscally counted all the devices, confirmed with dhcp leases and also through ping sweep app's (e.g fing) to confirm i have over 18 devices but the orbi only reports 5. This was not issue when i bought the system a year ago. Please advise

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 shows incomplete list of attached devices

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@chimpoo wrote:

I have Orbi RBR50 with firmware version V2.5.1.8. Issue is that it shows incomplete list of attached devices connected. I tried the orbi iphone app and the browser but had the same results. I phyiscally counted all the devices, confirmed with dhcp leases and also through ping sweep app's (e.g fing) to confirm i have over 18 devices but the orbi only reports 5. This was not issue when i bought the system a year ago. Please advise

here's your problem:   V2.5.1.8.

Message 2 of 8
theoak
Luminary

I had to downgrade to 2.3.5.30 and then back to 2.5.1.8 to get it to work for me.

Mind you 2.3.5.30 did work from the get go.

Some folks 2.5.1.8 works from the get go; some, not the case.  Folks here either love or hate 2.5.1.8.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch. Power cycle or reboot all of your connected devices. 

Be sure they are all online when your checking the status. 

@chimpoo wrote:

Message 4 of 8
chimpoo
Tutor

How do you downgrade the firmware? Are older firmware available online?

The attached device list is important as i can control screen time for kids etc

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Download from here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

Message 6 of 8
chimpoo
Tutor

Downgraded Firmware Version to V2.3.5.30 and it's good! I can see all the attached devices now. 

Thanks everyone.

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@chimpoo wrote:

Downgraded Firmware Version to V2.3.5.30 and it's good! I can see all the attached devices now. 

Thanks everyone.

Another case for the bad  V2.5.1.8. ....how many are we up to now??

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7