Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 v2.7.4.24 - random reboots

xysmurf
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 v2.7.4.24 - random reboots

Have been a happy user of Orbi for several years. Did an upgrade to V2.7.4.24 and have had my router randomly rebooting ever since. Sometimes 15 minutes, sometimes 23 hours, but can't seem to go longer than a day. All the logs clear so I can't see what is going on. Did a factory reset today after everyone was gone and built back up. Did not load my backup config. I have disabled Circle and just canceled and turned off Armor. Connected to a Netgear CM2000 cable model modem on Xfinity network and even sent a 'activation' signal from Xfinity back to the modem in case their was some problem there.
At this point I feel my options are downgrade the router and satellites or trash the whole system and go another path.

Setup is Netgear Nighthawk CM2000 connected with cat6 to RBR50V2 then two satellite RBS50V2's daisy chained to RBR50V2. They are all running 2.7.4.24 and more than 30 feet from each other.

Any other thoughts or ideas on things to check?

Message 1 of 3
xysmurf
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR50 v2.7.4.24 - random reboots

Adding clarification it is RBR50V2 and satellites are RBS50V2.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR50 v2.7.4.24 - random reboots

Since the Factory Reset today, the router is still randomly rebooting?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7