Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR50 wifi router

ls318
Aspirant

Orbi RBR50 wifi router

Hello. I currently have a Orbi wifi router. It is connected via ethernet cable to my Aris Internet router which is directly plugged in to the cable Internet. I have Time Warner, now Spectrum, the fastest speed they offer. Plugged into the orbi, is only one device, and that is my Samsung DVD blue-ray entertainment system in which we watch Netflix, Hulu, Amazon etc. All other devices, at times we may have 5-7 additional devices streaming video or surfing the Internet, are connected wireless. We use alot of data on our home Internet, close to 500GB a month and the Orbi has been great. The only issue is the Samsung DVD blueray player that's plugged in by ethernet. That is very slow. I've tried resetting signal from our service provider, resetting the orbi, changing ethernet ports and cables and updating the player. I'm just curious as to why this would be effected? If it's connected by ethernet cable shouldn't I get the best Internet connection? Any help, in simple terms 2ould be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!
Message 1 of 7
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi RBR50 wifi router

Do you have both an Orbi router and a satellite, or just a router?  Is the Samsung DVD player plugged into the Orbi router or an Orbi satellite?

When you say the Samsung DVD is slow, do you mean the DVD player cannot play HD video (slow Internet speeds) or do you mean that the DVD user interface is slow to respond when using the menus?

Message 2 of 7
ls318
Aspirant

I only have the Orbi router. No satellite. I can watch DVD's fine. Its when I stream and video, such as Netflix,Hulu and Amazon video it seems to take particularly long. The Samsung entertainment system is connected directly to the Orbi via ethernet. We previously had a Sony DVD blueray entertainment player plugged in, but that was running slow as well. So we decided to switch them out. Same issue. The menu in the Samsung settings are fine, only when connected to the Internet do we have an issue.
Message 3 of 7
st_shaw
Master

Ok. If you have only the router and are wired to the router than it's not a WiFi issue. If you can stream videos with no buffering then everything is working properly.

I'm still not clear exactly what it is that is taking a long time. Almost all Internet enabled TVs, DVD players, etc. have very little memory and weak processors, so they take a long time to search, load menus, and start playing movies. Sounds like that's what's happening, and that's normal.

Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have a Samsung Smart TV, and from what I understand all traffic has to go through Samsung servers which is a huge bottleneck and always has problems. I had the same issues even prior to Orbi where things would take forever to load. Now I don't even use the "smart" part of the tv and connected and Amazon Fire TV box instead which has been great.
Message 5 of 7
ls318
Aspirant

I think you may be right. I didn't want to accept it. I thought it could possibly be that maybe something wasn't set up correctly. But I had a Sony entertainment player prior and that was super slow, I'd go to open Netflix and it would take a good minute.
Message 6 of 7
ls318
Aspirant

My Samsung entertainment system has a USB or flash drive port, any way I can add some memory there? 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7