Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50

DittyDit
Follower

Orbi RBR50

Hello,

I apologize for any repeat questions but I'm not sure what the next step is.

I bought an orbi system that I can't seem to connect with either wifi or ethernet.

I have Comcast Xfinity and bought a compatible Arris SB6190 modem. The modem works and I have internet through the ethernet cable. Every time I try to connect the modem through the Orbi it doesn't work. I have reset both multiple times and obviously can't accesss the orbi login page with no internet. Windows diagnostics has not found a solution to why I can't connect.

Connecting the Orbil router and satellite has always gone smooth. The lights blink and the satellite turns to blue and connects how it says it should in the instructions.

I have turned off Kaspersky and Windows 10 firewall but every time I connect the ethernet cable from the Orbi to the computer it doesn't work. I can see the network in the lists of local networks to connect to but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've also tried at least four different ethernet cables. 

I also tried connecting to 10.0.0.1 and the 192. one which won't connect.

Suggestions?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
st_shaw
Master

Re: Orbi RBR50

@DittyDit wrote:

Hello,

I apologize for any repeat questions but I'm not sure what the next step is.

I bought an orbi system that I can't seem to connect with either wifi or ethernet.

I have Comcast Xfinity and bought a compatible Arris SB6190 modem. The modem works and I have internet through the ethernet cable. Every time I try to connect the modem through the Orbi it doesn't work. I have reset both multiple times and obviously can't accesss the orbi login page with no internet. Windows diagnostics has not found a solution to why I can't connect.

Connecting the Orbil router and satellite has always gone smooth. The lights blink and the satellite turns to blue and connects how it says it should in the instructions.

I have turned off Kaspersky and Windows 10 firewall but every time I connect the ethernet cable from the Orbi to the computer it doesn't work. I can see the network in the lists of local networks to connect to but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've also tried at least four different ethernet cables. 

I also tried connecting to 10.0.0.1 and the 192. one which won't connect.

Suggestions?

Thank you

Assuming your Orbi is not defective (which is unlikely) you are doing something simple wrong. Maybe the connections are wrong.

1.You mentioned connecting the modem through the Orbi.  That's backwards.  It's like this: Cable-->Modem-->Orbi-->Computer.

2. You need to connect your computer to the one of the Ethernet ports and your modem to the Yellow Internet port on the Orbi Router.

3. You mentioned "obviously can't accesss the orbi login page with no internet." You don't need Internet to access the Orbi login page.  You can always access Orbi directly.  Connect an Ethernet cable between your PC and an Orbi Ethernet port, open a browser, enter http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1 into address bar.  Log in. Mine was at 192.168.1.1.

It's also possible (but unlikely) your PC was setup with a static IP that's not on the same subnet as Orbi. Set it back to DHCP so it will get an address from Orbi.

Suggest you factory reset Orbi, download the Installation Guide and User's Manual and read through them, then start over.

Docs are here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#docs

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7