Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR5v2 satellite speeds. One at 48 and the other at 7. Reset to factory settings, no change.

pkaflic
Aspirant

Orbi RBR5v2 satellite speeds. One at 48 and the other at 7. Reset to factory settings, no change.

I have a Orbi RBR5v2.  When I have one satellites connected it will preform to the same speed as the router.  One I have both satellites connected, one will have the speed of the router...say 48 and the other will only reach a speed of 9 at best.  I have reset the router to factory settings and setup the system from the begining.  No change. Firmware is uptodate.  Looking for a fix as I need both satellites to run at the same speed.  Any help out there?

Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR5v2 satellite speeds. One at 48 and the other at 7. Reset to factory settings, no chan

Please excuse my question:  Where are you seeing the "7" and "48" values?

Message 2 of 6
pkaflic
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR5v2 satellite speeds. One at 48 and the other at 7. Reset to factory settings, no chan

When I do a speed check

@CrimpOn wrote:

Please excuse my question:  Where are you seeing the "7" and "48" values?

Message 3 of 6
pkaflic
Aspirant

When I go out and do a speed check.  These are the numbers I get for down load and up load speed.  What I showed is the down load speed.

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for the explanation.  I was distracted by the coincidence that "7" is a common 2.4G channel and "48" is a common 5G channel for the Orbi.

Which Speedtest are you using?  (iPhone, Android, Windows, ?)

Message 5 of 6
pkaflic
Aspirant

https://www.speedtest.net/    I feel the problem is not with the satellite, but with the router itself.  I can change the satellites around and end up with the same issue, so it can't be the satellite.  I thought by resetting the system to the factory original settings the problem would fix it self, but did not.   Pretty sure the issue is the router and some setting in it which needs to be changed.  It is hard to believe this is a one only issue and there has to been other folks who have or had the same problem.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7