Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR750 Backhaul Connections Reported Incorrectly

orbiuser1975
Apprentice

Orbi RBR750 Backhaul Connections Reported Incorrectly

Just installed a RBR750 router/satellite system. Both the router and satellite have firmware V3.2.16.22_1.4.9. The satellite backhaul connection is via CAT5e through a switch (not direct).  Couple of questions:

1. I have noticed from the app that all devices connecting to the satellite are showing up as "wired" connections on the router. Will this ever be addressed to show appropriately as "wireless" connections on under the satellite?

2. The guest network option is enabled and guest network connection through the satellite don't show up guest network connections, but rather "wired" connections through the router. Will the incorrect reporting for guest connected devices be addressed? This one just stumps me, as I can see the guest connected devices are on a different subnet, so should be easily determined as "guest" even though they come through the wired backhaul.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
alokeprasad
Mentor

Please post in Orbi 6 forum

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

FWIW, I have seen posts here (for lesser Orbi systems) that power-cycling the base router sometimes fixes this.  But I could be all wrong (I haven't experienced or fixed this myself).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
alokeprasad
Mentor

Please post in Orbi 6 forum

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

FWIW, I have seen posts here (for lesser Orbi systems) that power-cycling the base router sometimes fixes this.  But I could be all wrong (I haven't experienced or fixed this myself).

Message 2 of 5
orbiuser1975
Apprentice

Thanks, marked as accepted and reposted in Orbi 6.

Message 3 of 5
alokeprasad
Mentor

For a moment I thought that my power-cycling suggestion worked Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
orbiuser1975
Apprentice

Unfortunately, no, but I did try.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7