Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR750 login via browser - password never resets

joe_in_chicago
Aspirant

Orbi RBR750 login via browser - password never resets

(Orbi RBR750 isn't an option in the 'Model (Recommended...' — why not?)

Trying to login to manage router via browser via orbilogin.com or the router's inside/LAN IP address.

admin login never works. Keep getting prompted to 'router password reset' via router SN (http://orbilogin.com/MNU_access_setRecovery_index.htm), and then 'new password page'.

I enter a new password that it appears to approve of (green checkmark) by hand — no copy-paste/password manager — and the two security questions, click next and i get the username/pass floating login. If I enter 'admin' and 'password' it goes back to the 'router password reset' page. If I enter the new password (I theoretically just configured) it goes back to the 'router password reset' page.

What do I need to do to successfully complete this?

And if the answer is 'factory reset and try again', this product is a joke and I've lost confidence in NETGEAR.

Orbi RBR750

FW: V3.2.16.6

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR750 login via browser - password never resets

There is a community forum specifically for the AX product line.  People who participate in that forum may have more experience with the product than those of us (in this forum) who have the older Orbi product.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

That said, my paperclip has never failed me.  It is absolutely guaranteed that after a factory reset, the web credentials will be "admin" and "password" --- for sure.  My guess is there is some combination of browser cache and confusion that has you in a "loop".  I would give up on trying to fight it and do a reset.

Message 2 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

How are you logging into the router? orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.x? Not sure if it makes a difference, but try doing the same task in the app.

Message 3 of 4
joe_in_chicago
Aspirant

Thanks for the referral to the Orbi AX forum.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7