Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi - RBR850 -WAN Port speed problems to Arris S33 - Surfboard DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

hnz980
Tutor

Orbi - RBR850 -WAN Port speed problems to Arris S33 - Surfboard DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

Hello, 

My Oribi Wifi 6 router is connecting at 100 mbps speeds to my Arris S33 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem.

I am using the Cat 5E cables that were supplied. 

My provider is Xfinity/Comcast and I have had GigE service for a while.

I recently upgraded from the Arris SB8200 to the newes version S33.

I had the provider trobleshoot the connection everthing checked out with the modem. I had a tech from Comcast come out and test the Cable speed and it checked out at GigE. I contacted Arris support and the Cable Modem checked out.

They mentioned to contact Netgear to find out why I am getting 100 mbps WAN speed. 

Hardware VersionRBR850

Firmware VersionV3.2.18.1_1.4.14

GUI Language VersionV3.0.0.51_2.1.30.3

Operation ModeRouter

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi - RBR850 -WAN Port speed problems to Arris S33 - Surfboard DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Try using CAT6 level LAN cables. 

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7