Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBS20 Satellite Eithernet Ports

PhilHelp
Initiate

Orbi RBS20 Satellite Eithernet Ports

I have an Orbi RBK 50 with one satellite. I need to hard wire another satellite to my steel building shop that is 130 feet from my Orbi router. Are the eithernet connection ports on the back of the satellite for input or output or both?

Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

@PhilHelp wrote:

I have an Orbi RBK 50 with one satellite. I need to hard wire another satellite to my steel building shop that is 130 feet from my Orbi router. Are the eithernet connection ports on the back of the satellite for input or output or both?

Both.

After setting up the satellite, run a cable from one of the LAN ports on the RBR50 and connect it to a port on the back of the satellite. It will automatically go from wireless to wired backhaul. Make sure yuo run at least Cat5e cable. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend running buried CAT6A from the home to the shop. CAT6A is more robust and would be best if burried. 

@PhilHelp wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7