Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS20 hardwired to RBR20

NewFrequency
Aspirant

Orbi RBS20 hardwired to RBR20

Hello. Have a RBS20 connected hardwired to RBR20. With no cable between I can see both in my app. With the cable connected The RBS20 disapears. I can se my computer, phone etc. connected to the RBR via cable (through The app) but I know that they infact are connected to the RBS20 via wifi. Everything works perfectly otherwise. Tried to reinstall. Latest firmware 2020 feb 19.

Please help.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS20 hardwired to RBR20

Do you mean the Orbi app? 

Do you see the RBS in the RBRs web page using a web browser when it's connected via LAN cable to the RBR? 

Is the RBS directly connected to the RBR or is there a switch in between? 

Disable Daisy Chain on the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings.

Message 2 of 8
NewFrequency
Aspirant

First, thanks for trying to help. Second, excuse my poor english, I will try to make me understood.

Yes, a mean the Orbi app. I see the RBS via the browser and the backhaul comunicates through the 5GHz frequency and backhaul status is good even tough it is connected through cable. It is connected through a Gigabit switch that seems to work correctly. If I check for new firmware, the RBR is up to date but the RBS is waiting to connect, and cant display if its up to date. Through the Orbi app the RBS is disconected. It looks like I just have the RBR online even though more than 6 different machines connect to the RBS through wifi. I can find them in the connected list. For an example it states that my phone is connected through cable.

I had a Engenius mesh system connected earlier in the same way with the separate satellites through cable with the same switch and everything worked fine.

Message 3 of 8
NewFrequency
Aspirant

Daisy Chain on the RBR has always been disabled.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration? Some LAN switches can cause problems. 

Message 5 of 8
NewFrequency
Aspirant

Ok, tomorrow I will begin to disconnect everything and run a long cable between the RBR and RBS as the only things connected to the network. That will exclude a bunch of things.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Message 7 of 8
NewFrequency
Aspirant

Ok. A couple of months has passed and I have now begun to troubleshoot my problem. RBR20 with latest firmware connected to a D-Link DGS-1024D 24 port Gigabit switch. Nearly all ports used to connect to cat6 outlet throughout the house. One of the ports go directly to the RBS20. The Orbi app reports the RBS20 as missing but there are wifi client connected to it. In the client list they are listed as connected to the RBR20 with cable.

Any ideas?
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7