Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 Satellite # 2 causes Wi-Fi interference after Router Firmware Version V2.3.1.60 installed

Orbi RBS50 Satellite # 2 causes Wi-Fi interference after Router Firmware Version V2.3.1.60 installed

ORBI RBS50 Router Firmware Version V2.3.1.60

Seperately from the issue of dropping MAC ID enabled connections on the network, I now have to power down my second ORBI RBS50 in order for my wi-fi devices to reach the internet. Something about the communication pipeline gets borked when its attached, running and has a good backhaul channel. Which is a shame because i have a 3-unit system that seems to be running fine on only two units. I would much rather have the additional coverage that the thrid unit brings, but not a a loss of thowing everything off line. Any troubleshooting ideas out there?

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50 Satellite # 2 causes Wi-Fi interference after Router Firmware Version V2.3.1.60 insta

What size area are you trying to cover? Orbi's don't do well when they're to close together. 

Make sure they're at least 30ft apart. If you have the option, you can  use a wired backhaul for them. It half defeats the purpost of orbi but I'm a firm believer in hardwiring in everything I can. 

You can also try playing with your daisy chain & beamforming settings to see if these help stabilize them. 

Another thing is maybe something got corrupt in the firmware update. Its happened before. You can always re-upload the firmware manually, perform a factory reset, and redo your setup. Its kind of a last ditch effort but its worked for me before. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7