Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 Satellite 2 slow WiFi, no Ethernet

Doomhunk
Follower

Orbi RBS50 Satellite 2 slow WiFi, no Ethernet

Hi

Yesterday I set up my new Orbi RBS50 Router + 2 Satellite system. It took an age to get up and running, but eventually, it did. I have great speeds via Satellite 1 one floor below my router, but very slow speeds on Satellite 2 two floors down. The app shows ~280mb/s speeds throughout the house, but Speedtest.net shows only ~30mb/s at Satellite 3.

Any advice to get the performance up at the furthest point gratefully received.

Thanks.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50 Satellite 2 slow WiFi, no Ethernet

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is Daisy Chain enabled Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. How are the satelites placed from the RBR? Star formation linear line out from the RBR. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7