Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 Will not factory reset

pmoff
Aspirant

Orbi RBS50 Will not factory reset

My Obri Satellite (RBS50) went crazy about a month ago.  It started dropping off the network and I noticed that the halo on top would blink green.  The LED on the power button was on and solid green but the halo was blinking green.  Of course there is nowhere in the Netgear support stuff that talks about a green halo.  If I unplugged it and replugged it in sometimes it would work for a bit, then back to flashing green.  Now for the last week it does nothing.  The power LED on the back is solid green but no halos appear.  I have moved it to different sockets, near and far from my router.  Nothing.  I then tried factory reseting it...and nothing.  The LED in the back just stays solid green even if I hold the reset pin in for 2 minutes straight.  Nothing.  It basically looks like it is sitting there drawing power and doing absolutely nothing else.  I've only had this thing for maybe a year and a half.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
pmoff
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBS50 Will not factory reset

Thanks again for everything.  I called Netgear support and they also could not resolve the problem.  They are going to send me a new satellite and I have an RMA case open.  Thank you again for your helpful response.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you still get access the routers web page by chance? If so, you might try re-loading FW code on to the router and see if this might clear it up. Interesting your seeing GREEN though. Wonder if the multi color LEDs is broke.

If you can't get access to the web page to re-load FW, I would make contact with NG support and ask about an RMA. 

@Blanca_O

Message 2 of 9
pmoff
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.  I downloaded the firmware, but cannot connect to the satellite.  I went into the orbilogin web interface and it says the satellite is disconnected.  It does not have an IP address and it does not show up even under the section where you can manually upload firmware.  Is there any other way to connect to it?  And sorry..what's an "RMA" when you said I should contact Netgear support?

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you connect the RBS to the RBR router directly with a LAN cable? Does a IP address show up for it on the RBRs connected client list? 

RMA is a Return Material Authorization. Something you can ask NG support about. 

Message 4 of 9
pmoff
Aspirant

No.  It's plugged into the router with ethernet and still shows as disconnected.  Still does not show up in the manual firmware section either.  Any other thoughts?  

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support and get there help on this. Seems like the satellite maybe bad. 

Message 6 of 9
pmoff
Aspirant

Thanks again for everything.  I called Netgear support and they also could not resolve the problem.  They are going to send me a new satellite and I have an RMA case open.  Thank you again for your helpful response.

Message 7 of 9
Chuck_M
Mentor

Dont forget to mark this resolved.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad support will send you a new unit. 

Let us know how it goes when you get the new unit in. 

Smiley Wink

@pmoff wrote:

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7