Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 & HP CP1525nw printer connections

PhillyMikey
Follower

Orbi RBS50 & HP CP1525nw printer connections

Hi All!

I have a HP CP1525nw printer and the Orbi RBS50 router, with two satellites. I've tried EVERYTHING to get the printer to connect to the router. Many posts have great ideas that you KNOW shold work, but they are not working for me. For example - I changed the network band to 6, I've done WPS paring like 20 times. Rebooted everything from cold starts. Waht caused all this in the first place was that I had a complete network failure and power failure - upon re-set up - this time the printer will not synch or wifi to router. The printer IS showing up on area scans as broadcasting - so I know thew printer wants to connect and it used to connect. ANY ideas? TYTYTY! 

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50 & HP CP1525nw printer connections

Turn OFF the RBS and try to connect the printer to the RBR with the RBR online only. 

Try using WPA2 mixed mode with TPIK and AES.

Contact the mfr of this printer for help and support of there product. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50 & HP CP1525nw printer connections

@PhillyMikey wrote:

upon re-set up - this time the printer will not synch or wifi to router. The printer IS showing up on area scans as broadcasting

HP CP1525nw supports three types of connection:

• USB cabled directly to computer.
  • Ethernet cabled to a network, such as an RBR50 or RBS50.
  • WiFi.

Page 143 of the User Manual describes setting up and troubleshooting a WiFi connection:

https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/398296/hp-laserjet-pro-cp1525nw-color-printer.html?page=13 

There is probably a reason why the printer cannot be located physically close enough to the router or one of the satellites to use an Ethernet connection.

If the printer is broadcasting WiFi, that sounds like a Direct Print feature where individual devices connect to the printer, rather than the printer connecting to the same network as other devices.  If the printer was 'reset', then perhaps it is no longer in the correct mode to connect via WiFi.  I suspect that the Network control panel described on page 143 may be the answer.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7