Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBS50 and AP Isolation settings. How do you change?

gusperrysmom
Aspirant

Orbi RBS50 and AP Isolation settings. How do you change?

I am trying to add a Logitech Harmony Hub to my system.  Troubleshooting in Logitech says:

"Some routers have a setting that prevents two Wi‑Fi devices from communicating with each other, and will only allow a Wi‑Fi connected device such as your mobile device to communicate with devices connected using a network cable. This is referred to as Internal Station Connection by many manufacturers, but not universally."  

I found that AP Isolation is set to "yes" on my Orbi, but I'm not sure if this should be set to "no" per the statement above, and I cannot find where I change that setting.

Firmware version V2.0.0.74

I'm not very computer savy ... so need simple step-by-step explanations.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
gusperrysmom
Aspirant

Thanks for responding so quickly.  So ... I wonder what's causing the problem with the inability of the app to connect to the Harmony if it's not the Orbi.  More investigating ...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Netgear Wi-Fi routers, including Orbi, do not block devices from communicating from each other on the non-guest networks. AFAIK, there is no option to change this.

The situation is different for the guest networks. There is an option, "Allow guests to see each other and access my local network", that can be toggled. This option is kinda inane. There really should be an option for guests to see each other but NOT access the local network.
Message 2 of 3
gusperrysmom
Aspirant

Thanks for responding so quickly.  So ... I wonder what's causing the problem with the inability of the app to connect to the Harmony if it's not the Orbi.  More investigating ...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7