Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 and Xbox One X - Low Speed/Constant Drops

AaronElWhite
Follower

Orbi RBS50 and Xbox One X - Low Speed/Constant Drops

Here's out setup. Comcast 1gigabit wifi. Upstairs: X1 Gateway currently in Bridge mode into an RBR50. One RBS50 down the hall. Downstairs: RBS50 The downstairs RBS50 has been experiencing drastically inconsistent bandwidth when connected to my Xbox One X over the past week. Previously everything was fine and I've never had a single issue. I moved the satellite next to the Xbox and have tried both wireless and wired. The best its done wired is fluctuate between 50 mbps, 10 mbps, and flat-out 0 mbps on and off. It's impossible to stay connected to any game online, yet every other device connecting to the same satellite via wifi or wired works just fine. I've also noticed that when I run a "Test Network Speed" test on the Xbox it seems to crash out the Orbi connection temporarily and doesn't give me a result, just says it experienced issues. What the heck is going on and how can I get a steady speed back with my Xbox One X? I've always assumed it was the simple answer of just plugging in the ethernet cord but with that not solving the problem, I'm stumped.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50 and Xbox One X - Low Speed/Constant Drops

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Does the xbox work ok if it's connected to the RBR? Turn OFF the RBS to check this. 

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7