Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBS50 satellite kept going in loop (Config Sync -> Poor -> Good - Config Sync)

ChuckieCheese
Luminary

Orbi RBS50 satellite kept going in loop (Config Sync -> Poor -> Good - Config Sync)

I have the RBR50 with 2 satellite (RBS50). One of the satellite just went awry and from the router "Attached Devices" page, it kept showing Config Sync, Poor, and then Good and back to Config Sync over and over again.

I tried to reset the satellite by holding the reset button until the amber light is blinking (30 seconds), but nothing happened. The satellite STILL retain it's settings and name (I have customized the name of satellite).

If I go to the router Firmware Update, the satellite is shown like this:

- Current version: --.--.--.--

No device can be connected to the satellite, wired or wireless. If I tried to access the satellite from the GUI page, nothing happen.

Is this satellite broken?

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 7
ChuckieCheese
Luminary

Re: Orbi RBS50 satellite kept going in loop (Config Sync -> Poor -> Good - Config Sync)

I finally able to get in to the satellite web GUI and I tried to update the firmware. Per Netgear website, I MUST use v2.2.1.212 first since my current version V1.12.0.18

I download v2.2.1.212 from https://kb.netgear.com/000060612/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-2-1-212 and selected the 2nd link for RBS50.

Tried to do a manual firmware update and the satellite firmware update page threw this warning: 

"Please select correct configuration file."

I am confused now. What am I supposed to do now?

I tried to upload the firmware using 4 different computers, 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari and same result). I also downloaded the firmware 4 times already (using for 4 differrent computers), all connected to 3 different network (Verizon, Xfinity and AT&T). So it's got to be the firmware file.

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBS50 satellite kept going in loop (Config Sync -> Poor -> Good - Config Sync)

Did you "unzip" the download?  The Orbi firmware update is looking for an ".img" file.

Message 3 of 7
ChuckieCheese
Luminary

@CrimpOn wrote:

Did you "unzip" the download?  The Orbi firmware update is looking for an ".img" file.

Yes, I did. I finally able to get the firmware updated by following this steps:

1. Update to 1.12 first

2. Update straight to 2.3.5.34, bypassing the "required" 2.2.1.210

Netgear need to check the RBS50 firmware 2.2.1.210.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

to get from v1 versions of FW to v2x you first need to install v2.0.0.74 FW on the system, RBS first then RBR. Then you can go directly to v30, 38 or v40 on the RBS. You'll need v210 or v212 loaded next on the RBR then after that, v30 or later on the RBR. v210 and v212 are only ment to be intermediate FW update files to get the system up dated to a certain point. 

@ChuckieCheese wrote:

I finally able to get in to the satellite web GUI and I tried to update the firmware. Per Netgear website, I MUST use v2.2.1.212 first since my current version V1.12.0.18

I download v2.2.1.212 from https://kb.netgear.com/000060612/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-2-1-212 and selected the 2nd link for RBS50.

Tried to do a manual firmware update and the satellite firmware update page threw this warning: 

"Please select correct configuration file."

I am confused now. What am I supposed to do now?

I tried to upload the firmware using 4 different computers, 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari and same result). I also downloaded the firmware 4 times already (using for 4 differrent computers), all connected to 3 different network (Verizon, Xfinity and AT&T). So it's got to be the firmware file.

Message 5 of 7
ChuckieCheese
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

to get from v1 versions of FW to v2x you first need to install v2.0.0.74 FW on the system, RBS first then RBR.

It didn't work. The RBS50 will not accept anything on v2.x (i tried v2.x one by one up to v2.2.1.212) and that's why I had to update to v1.12.0.18 first then straight to v2.3.5.34.

Maybre because my firmware is so old the RBS50 won't accept v.2.x? Not sure.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Well sounds like you got it updated anyways. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7